- 3 Tablespoons Coffee Cherry (fine)
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan combine the sweetened condensed milk and Coffee Cherry. Warm over low heat, folding the Coffee Cherry in until thoroughly mixed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt to the condensed milk mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Heat until temperature reaches 234˚-240˚. Remove from heat and add vanilla being careful as it may bubble up.
- Pour the hot mixture in to a buttered 9×13 pan and let rest at room temperature until completely cooled and set. (For carameled apples simply pierce an apple at the stem with a stick and coat the apple by carefully rolling it in the hot caramel. Set on parchment until set.)
- Cut to desired size pieces and wrap in parchment paper.