- 4 quarts popped corn, use about 100g (1/2 cup) kernels to yield 4 quart
- 329g (1 1/2 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 178 ml (3/4 cup) light corn syrup
- 171g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 8g (1 T) kosher salt
- 15ml (1 T) vanilla
- 2g (2 t) ground caraway
- 10g (2 T) ground allspice
- 34g (1/4 cup) Coffee Cherry (fine)
- Pop the corn and keep warm in 250º oven
- Bring sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium/high heat. Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in spices (not the Coffee Cherry) and salt.
- Fold syrup through popcorn (it is easiest to do this with your hands so a set of latex gloves will come in handy!) Spread evenly on a Silpat lined sheet pan
- Using a fine mesh sieve, dust the coated popcorn with Coffee Cherry and gently fold the popcorn over itself to coat evenly
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 250º, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Popcorn will become crunchy as it cools.