Yield: approximately 1-quart syrup
50g coarse Coffee Cherry
750ml hot water
25g fine Coffee Cherry (optional)
For the Coffee Cherry Tea Syrup
1. In a coffee brew system, brew the Coffee Cherry Tea as you would coffee. *note: you will end up with approximately 650ml of brewed tea.
2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan bring the Coffee Cherry Tea and the sugar to a simmer. Do not boil as this will change the fruit notes of the product. Simmer over low heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Add the optional fine Coffee Cherry at this point.
3. Once the sugars have dissolved, pour the syrup in to a heatproof container and chill in the refrigerator.
For the Spritzer
1. In a 12oz glass, pour 2oz of the chilled syrup over ice.
2. Top with sparkling water and garnish with an orange twist.