Yields approx. 28 bars
· 600g (2c.) maple syrup
· 400g (14/5 c.) canola oil
· 300g (1½ c.) brown sugar, firmly packed
· 15g (2½ t.) salt
· 900g (3¾ c.) rolled oats
· 366g (3c.) chopped walnuts
· 210g (3c.) coconut
· 40g (¼ c.) chia seeds
· 60g (½ c.) hemp seeds
· 68g (½ c.) Coffee Cherry
· 100g (½ c.) pepitas, pumpkin seeds
· 57g (½ c.) sunflower seeds
Optional Additions: Dried cranberries, cocoa nibs, golden raisins, dried currants.
1. Preheat convection oven to 350ºF.
2. Liquid mixture: combine liquid ingredients together, then add brown sugar and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine all eight (8) dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
4. Fold the liquid mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients, coating evenly.
5. Spread evenly across 2 sheet pans.
6. Press down firmly and evenly.
7. Bake* for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
*Ovens vary, it’s important to keep an eye on the granola bars as it’s baking. It’s done when evenly golden brown.
*Use either only metric quantities or only imperial quantities.
Optional – Add in 3 cups dried fruit and/or 2 cups chopped (70%) dark chocolate.