• 532g (2c.) creamy peanut butter
• 161g (½ c.) maple syrup
• 88g (½ c.) Coffee Cherry
• 50g (½ c.) protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
• 175g (1c.) chocolate chips
• 14g (1T.) butter
• 40g (1c.) crispy rice cereal
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, combine peanut butter and maple syrup; stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together Coffee Cherry and protein powder.
- Once the peanut butter and maple syrup are combined and completely smooth, add the Coffee Cherry and protein powder mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula (the mixture will seem very dry at this point).
- Turn the peanut butter/Coffee Cherry mixture out onto a clean counter top and start kneading the mixture to evenly combine the ingredients together (since the mixture will be hot it may be easier to do this wearing latex gloves).
- Press the mixture in to a parchment lined 8×8 baking dish, smoothing the top as you work. Refrigerate for an hour.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate chips together.
- Once peanut butter base is cooled, pour ½ of the melted chocolate over the top. Sprinkle the rice cereal over the first layer of chocolate and pour the remaining melted chocolate on top, making sure to cover the cereal completely.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set.