Yields approx. 6 @ 5” gingerbread men
• 275g (2c.+ 3T.) all-purpose flour
• 5g (1t.) baking powder
• 1g (¼ t.) baking soda
• 1g (¹/8 t.) salt
• 60g (¼ c.) butter
• 118g (½ c.) dark brown sugar
• 50g (1) egg
• 66g (½ c.) Coffee Cherry
• 6g (1t.) vanilla
• 92g (¼ cup) molasses
• 2g (1t.) cloves
• 4g (1½ t.) ginger
• 2g (1t.) cinnamon
• 50g (3½ T.) water
• 1g (½ t.) fresh orange zest
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, Coffee Cherry and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add molasses, vanilla, water and orange zest, continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Place one portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and roll dough to a scant 1/4-inch thick using additional flour to avoid sticking.
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter and space 1½ inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow the cookies to stand until the they are firm enough to move to a wire rack.
- After cookies have cooled completely you may decorate them any way you like.