Yields approx. 8 biscuits
• 225g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
• 11g (1 tablespoon) baking powder
• 2g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
• 85g (1/2 cup) shortening
• 175ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
• 23g (1/4 cup) coarse Coffee Cherry
1. Preheat oven to 450˚
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the coarse Coffee Cherry to hydrate.
4. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and, with your hands, press in to a ½-inch thickness.
5. Using a biscuit cutter (or an inverted glass) dipped in flour, cut out biscuits, placing on an ungreased sheet pan. Press together unused dough and repeat the procedure.
6. Brush the tops with and egg and cream wash and bake for 10 minutes.