- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 30 grams Coffee Flour
- 135 ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 170 grams almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml light olive oil
- 150 grams sugar
- 94 grams eggs (4 large)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 22 cm (9 in) round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift the cocoa and the Coffee Flour together in to a small bowl. Add the boiling water and mix until smooth, you should end up with a chocolate paste. Stir in the vanilla and let it cool.
- In another bowl, mix the almond meal, baking soda and salt.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until incorporated. In a steady stream, slowly drizzle the olive oil. Beat for 3 minutes until it thickens. Reduce the speed and add the cocoa/Coffee Flour mixture, mix until completely incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the sides are set and the center still looks sticky and damp. An inserted toothpick should come out with just a few crumbs. Let cool completely before removing from the pan