Yields 12 Cupcakes
· 200ml (¾ c.) stout beer
· 60g (¼ c.) butter
· 32g (¼ c.) cocoa powder
· 48g (¼ c.) Coffee Cherry Flour
· 270g (1c.) dark brown sugar
· 5g (1 ¼ t.) baking soda
· 100g (2) whole eggs
· 4ml (1 t.) vanilla
· 177g (1c.) flour
· 227g (1c.) butter, softened
· 44ml (3T.) Irish Cream liqueur
· 9g (1T.) Coffee Cherry Flour
· 240g (2c.) powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a cupcake or muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Place the stout and butter in a medium-size saucepan and whisk together on medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
3. Sift the cocoa powder and Coffee Cherry Flour into a medium-size bowl and add the sugar. Slowly whisk into the stout mixture.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and lightly whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the saucepan and whisk thoroughly.
5. Sift the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl and then add it to the saucepan, and fold to incorporate all ingredients.
6. Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters (¾) full with batter and bake until the cakes spring back after touching, about 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
1. Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until pale.
2. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the Irish liqueur in a steady stream. Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar and Coffee Cherry Flour, continue beating until a creamy consistency is achieved.