Yields approx. 1 (one) 9” Pumpkin Swirl Pie
For the Pie Dough:
· 566g (2¼ c.) all-purpose flour
· Pinch of salt
· 63g (2⅓ c.) Coffee Cherry Flour
· 198g (1c.) cold butter, cubed
· 188g (¾ cup) cold shortening, cubed
· 240ml (1c.) ice water
For the Pie Filling:
· 450g (15oz can) pumpkin puree
· 12g (2T.) Coffee Cherry Flour
· 150g (3 large) eggs
· 250g (1¼ t.) dark brown sugar, packed
· 15g (1T.) cornstarch
· 3g (½ t.) salt
· 8g (1½ t.) ground cinnamon
· 3g (½ t.) ground ginger
· 2g (¼ t.) ground or freshly grated nutmeg
· 1g (¹/8 t.) ground cloves
· 1g (¹/8 t.) fresh ground black pepper
· 240ml (1c.) heavy cream
· 60ml (¼ c.) milk
1. Combine flours and salt in bowl of a stand mixer.
2. With paddle attachment, mix in cold butter and shortening until pea-sized balls form.
3. Slowly stream in ice water and mix just until all ingredients combine and form a large ball. NOTE: Dough will be wetter than traditional pie dough. The Coffee Cherry Flour will absorb the water as it rests in the fridge.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out for pie dish.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
1. Whisk the pumpkin, 3 eggs, and brown sugar together until combined.
2. Add the cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, pepper, cream, and milk.
3. Vigorously whisk until everything is combined.
4. Remove ¼ c. prepared filling and mix in 2T. Coffee Cherry Flour. Set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 325°F.
Roll out the chilled pie crust: On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough to fit your pie pan. Crimp edges with your fingers. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before baking. Fill the cold pie crust with the pumpkin pie filling. Spoon the Coffee Cherry Flour pumpkin pie mix into the pie and swirl with a small knife or toothpick. Bake for 55-75 minutes, or until the center barely wobbles when jiggled. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.