Makes Approx 1 dozen cookies
- 350g (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1.5g (¼ teaspoon) baking soda
- 5g (1teaspoon) baking powder
- 4g (1teaspoon)salt
- 50g (1/3 cup) Coffee Cherry Flour, coarse grind
- 215g (2 sticks) room temp butter
- 100g (1/2 cup) cold shortening
- 200g (1 cup, packed) brown sugar
- 115g (1/2 cup)sugar
- 150g (about 3) eggs – 2 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 10g (1 tablespoon) vanilla
- orange peel/zest from 1 large orange
- 30g (2 tablespoons) coconut oil
- 215g (2 1/2 cups) whole grain oats
- 125g (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 125g (1 cup) golden raisins
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, shortening, coconut oil, and coarse Coffee Cherry until light and airy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and orange zest and mix until combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until the dough comes together as a mass.
- Mix in the oats until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dried fruit and mix.
- Scoop on to parchment lined sheet pans and chill for at least an hour.
- Bake in a 350˚ oven for 12-15 minutes