Yields approx. 18 @ 2oz. fritters
• 1 liter (1 quart) vegetable oil for deep-frying
• 163g. (1¼ c.) all-purpose flour
• 34g. (¼ c.) Coffee Cherry Flour
• 16g. (2T.) sugar
• 9g. (2½ t.) baking powder
• 2g. (½ t.) salt
• 177ml. (¾ c.) milk
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 23g. (2T.) vegetable oil
• 360g. (3c.) apples – peeled, cored and chopped
• 165g. (1½ c.) powdered sugar
• 60g. (4T.) milk
• 1 t. cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk, eggs and oil and stir until well blended. Mix in apples until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon (drop) batter into the hot oil and fry until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes depending on the size. Fry in smaller batches so they are not crowded. Remove from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towels.
- Toss with cinnamon sugar while still warm, or glaze with Cinnamon Glaze.
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Brush or drizzle on warm fritters.