- 163g (1 1/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 34g (1/4 cup) CoffeeFlour®
- 12g (2 T.) dark cocoa powder
- 8g (1 T.) kosher salt
- 311g (11 oz.) dark chocolate, 65-70%
- 226g (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
- 329g (1 1/2 cup) dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 7ml (1 1/2 t.) vanilla extract
(BAKER’S NOTE: it is important to always work this batter with a spatula. Never use a whisk as any incorporated air will adversely affect the final texture)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Combine the eggs and vanilla using a fork. Melt chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a simmering water bath, stirring with a rubber spatula. Remove bowl from heat and add sugars, stir until dissolved and allow to cool slightly before adding eggs. Once cooled, add the eggs making sure to combine thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Once eggs have been incorporated, fold in dry ingredients.
- Spread batter into a greased and parchment lined 9×9 pan. Bang out any air bubbles and bake until a wooden skewer comes out clean (25-30 minutes).
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting, or chill if needed. Keeps 3-5 days wrapped at room temperature or can be frozen for up to 2 months.